Russia’s Market of Timber and Sawn Wood 2017 conference takes a close look at prospects of the Russian industry
MAXConference will hold the 2nd International Conference on the Russian wood market in Moscow on 21 April 2017. The event’s venue will be the Intercontinental Hotel. Key topics addressed by the conference include:
- Global trends in logging and wood processing
- Potential impact from the forthcoming birch export ban
- New forestry and related legislation. Government agencies’ initiatives
- Pricing, trading instruments (OTC and exchange trading), foreign and regional best practices in trade and standard development
- Regional and foreign experience of wood processing. Expanding assortments.
- Lessees’ potential changeover to the intensive model of forest management and regeneration
- Rolling stock availability crisis – platforms, open-top cars, chip-carriers. Rates analysis. Timber transportation from felling sites
- Possible revision of road trains loading norms as timber transportation by truck is transfixed by weight-checking stations in the regions
The organiser expects participation from various Russian authorities as well as Russian and foreign industry representatives. For registration please contact MAXConference at +7 495 775 07 40 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found here.