GTF manages a rolling research programme to provide an evidence base for all activity. The research programme includes Association Surveys for Knowledge (ASK) and Sustainable Timber Information Exchange (STIX).
Association Surveys for Knowledge (ASK)
ASK is an ongoing programme that seeks to better understand from associations the local, national and regional challenges for responsible trade, the following summary reports are available:
- GTF ASK China Report Summary (Eng – full report in Eng & Chinese)
- GTF ASK Australia Summary 2018 (Eng – full report in Eng)
- GTF ASK West Africa Summary 2018 (Eng – full report in Eng & Fr)
- GTF ASK Africa Cameroon DRC Mozambique Report Summary 2018 (Eng – full report in Eng & Fr)
- GTF ASK LATAM Summary 2018 (Eng – full report in Eng & Esp)
Additional association research:
- Peru 2017 (Eng & Esp) GIZ & GTF Peruvian Forest Associations Assesment 2017 & GIZ GTF Asociaciones Forestales Perú 2017
- Myanmar 2015 (Eng) Myanmar FLEGT-VPA-Project Report
For copies of full reports and further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainable Timber Exchange Information (STIX)
GTF in partnership with Forest Industries Intelligence (FII) manages a Sustainable Timber Information Exchange (STIX) that is open access providing more accurate and up-to-date information. STIX has a unique capability to ‘clean’ official data on trade flows of timber and forest products. STIX can be used by a variety of users from industry to policy makers to monitor trade flows and policy implementation. Currently the data is restricted to trade flows into Europe, the next stage will extend to other regions of the globe.